1.In this case, Peter's ethical responsibility is to understand Eloise's behavior and emotions. Yet, Peter knows Eloise can not conduct herself well as a counselor with other students. Therefore, Peter, as a colleague, has recommended Eloise to seek help on how to heal from her son's death.
If her negative behavior increases in the environment with others, Peter will be aware of her situation, and then she does not follow the recommendation. Peter has the absolute power to tell the principal or administrator about Eloise's negative behavior because the goal is to let this overpass also provide safety for the students.
I would tell Eloise that she needs to take a break from her job because her negative behavior and emotions do not affect her more by seeing other students. Also, as a school counselor, she has to conduct herself well regardless of her personal life because her function is to help students positively.Otherwise, Eloise emotionally might create instability and confusion among the students.
Nonetheless, Eloise must seek professional counseling to heal from her son's death and take a break from her job to process her negative experience.
2. Peter, as a professional colleague, has the ethical responsibility to ensure the welfare of the students Eloise is counseling, especially given that he is aware of the negative impacts her impairment is causing. This means he may need to escalate the situation to superiors if Eloise continues to avoid seeking help.
To deal with Eloise, I would approach her empathetically, acknowledging her grief and the impact it's having on her ability to perform her duties. I would reiterate the importance of seeking professional help, not only for her own wellness but also for her students' welfare. If Eloise continues to resist, I would take the matter to the higher administration, making them aware of the situation while maintaining confidentiality as much as possible. It's a delicate balance of supporting Eloise through her personal crisis while ensuring the students' needs are met.
We are a professional custom writing website. If you have searched a question and bumped into our website just know you are in the right place to get help in your coursework.
Yes. We have posted over our previous orders to display our experience. Since we have done this question before, we can also do it for you. To make sure we do it perfectly, please fill our Order Form. Filling the order form correctly will assist our team in referencing, specifications and future communication.
2. Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER INFORMATION" section and click “PRICE CALCULATION” at the bottom to calculate your order price.
3. Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
4. Click “FINAL STEP” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
5. From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.
Need this assignment or any other paper?
Click here and claim 25% off
Discount code SAVE25