In this lab, you will develop the digital signal code for a very basic notional codec. Download the attached instructions for this exercise. When you have completed the lab, click on the assignment link to submit your finished work.
Signal Coding Lab
In this lab, we will develop the digital signal code for a very basic, notional codec. A specialized application has been developed which needs to quantize analog signals varying between -3.5 volts and +3.5 volts (see figure). The proper sampling frequency has been determined, and the sensitivity requires that each sample be within 0.5 volts of the true analog signal. Your job is to provide a digital (binary) code, using the minimum number of bits necessary, to represent each voltage, in 0.5-volt increments, from -3.5 volts to 3.5 volts.
When the blank lines on the left of the figure are filled in with your digital code, the graph will be similar to (but not the same as) graphs in figure 3-20 of the text.
Turn-in Requirements : To complete the assignment, upload a Word (.docx) or Adobe (.pdf) file with answers to the 2 questions below, followed by a table or list indicating your digital code representation for each voltage level as your submission to the M03 Lab assignment in Blackboard.
1. (5 pts) How many different voltage levels must be represented?
2. (10 pts) How many bits are needed to represent at least this many levels? What about 17 levels? Show your work.
3. (15 pts) Fill in the below table
We are a professional custom writing website. If you have searched a question and bumped into our website just know you are in the right place to get help in your coursework.
Yes. We have posted over our previous orders to display our experience. Since we have done this question before, we can also do it for you. To make sure we do it perfectly, please fill our Order Form. Filling the order form correctly will assist our team in referencing, specifications and future communication.
2. Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER INFORMATION" section and click “PRICE CALCULATION” at the bottom to calculate your order price.
3. Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
4. Click “FINAL STEP” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
5. From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.
Need this assignment or any other paper?
Click here and claim 25% off
Discount code SAVE25