When thinking about how my body reacts to stress and watching the video, I am certain my stress is evidenced in my muscles. My shoulders are always tight, and I see a chiropractor regularly for issues with them. He has mentioned that I “carry stress in my shoulders”. I even develop knots around my shoulder blades because of this. I also clench my jaw when I am stressed. I can feel my jaw tensing up to a point that it becomes painful when I am in a very intense situation.
I know other nurses that I work with who mention the same difficulties with pain and tension in their muscles. I also notice changes in some nurses’ moods when things become intense in the unit. As mentioned, people process stress in different ways and that affects the body in other areas. Some become very ill and anxious when a patient is doing poorly or there are many tasks to complete that seem daunting.
In an article published by the Journal of Health and Safety at Work, the most common psychiatric disorder in nursing was cited as job stress. In this study, the prevalence of job stress amongst the studied group of nurses was 60% (Mohammadi et al., 2018). A study published by the Journal of Nursing Scholarship states that there is a direct correlation between turnover rates and nursing stress. Things that were shown to affect stress were resources available and quality of care delivered to the patients (Rajamohan et al., 2019).
Given the result of stress on the body it is imperative that nurses find ways to cope with stress to manage the effects on their mind and body. Managing stress helps to facilitate more effective nursing.
Mohammadi, M., Vaisi-Raygani, A., Jalali, R., & Salari, N. (2018, May 4). Prevalence of job stress in nurses … – jhsw.tums.ac.ir. Journal of Health and Safety at Work. Retrieved April 17, 2022, from https://jhsw.tums.ac.ir/article-1-6295-en.pdf
Rajamohan, S., Porock, D., & Chang, Y.-P. (2019, June 27). Log in to Wiley Online Library – Sigma Theta Tau International. SigmaPubs. Retrieved April 17, 2022, from https://sigmapubs.onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/abs/10.1111/jnu.12488
1. What did you learn from the article?
2. Analyze and summarize the article
We are a professional custom writing website. If you have searched a question and bumped into our website just know you are in the right place to get help in your coursework.
Yes. We have posted over our previous orders to display our experience. Since we have done this question before, we can also do it for you. To make sure we do it perfectly, please fill our Order Form. Filling the order form correctly will assist our team in referencing, specifications and future communication.
1. Click on the “Place order tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
2. Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER INFORMATION" section and click “PRICE CALCULATION” at the bottom to calculate your order price.
3. Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
4. Click “FINAL STEP” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
5. From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.
Need this assignment or any other paper?
Click here and claim 25% off
Discount code SAVE25