Mr. Bavaro is a 55-year-old male who presents to his health care provider with complaints of difficulty breathing, which has progressively worsened over the past couple of weeks. He has a history of hypertension. He is currently taking furosemide and lisinopril.
Has had some shortness of breath for the past couple of weeks. At first, it was just with activity, but it has gotten worse and is present at rest.
Started smoking at age 18 and has smoked one pack per day for the past 37 years
Adds he has cut down on his smoking the past week and is only smoking one-half pack of cigarettes per day
Blood pressure 140/88, pulse 90, temperature98.7° F, respirations 22
O2 saturation 90% on room air
Respirations labored, frequent productive cough with yellow sputum
Breath sounds reveal distant breath sounds in right lower lobe, clear in all other lobes
Dullness to percussion of right lower lung lobe
Chest x-ray reveals a 2.5 cm lesion and pleural effusion in the right lower lung
What in the client’s history is commonly associated with pulmonary disease?
Interpret the client’s arterial blood gasses.
What is the likely medical diagnosis for this client? Explain the pathophysiology?
What assessment data and diagnostic study results led you to this diagnosis?
What would you want to teach this patient about his disease process?
What treatment and nursing management would you provide for this patient? Be sure to follow the nursing process in your discussion and include two priority nursing interventions.
We are a professional custom writing website. If you have searched a question and bumped into our website just know you are in the right place to get help in your coursework.
Yes. We have posted over our previous orders to display our experience. Since we have done this question before, we can also do it for you. To make sure we do it perfectly, please fill our Order Form. Filling the order form correctly will assist our team in referencing, specifications and future communication.
1. Click on the “Place order tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
2. Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER INFORMATION" section and click “PRICE CALCULATION” at the bottom to calculate your order price.
3. Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
4. Click “FINAL STEP” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
5. From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.
Need this assignment or any other paper?
Click here and claim 25% off
Discount code SAVE25