Imagine you are working the night shifts in a nursing home. This is your sixth straight day and you’re feeling very tired. One of the residents, Mannie, an 85-year-old male, has been in the home for ten years after having a stroke. Mary needs to be turned every 2-hours to avoid him developing pressure sores, but you and the other nurse you are working with deciding to turn him irregularly. Your justifications for these decisions are to avoid disturbing his sleep as well as to protect your backs. At the end of the shift, you turn to Mannie and record in his notes that you have done every 2-hours throughout the night. He has not developed a pressure sore, so what is the harm? Now consider this: you turn him at the end of the night and discover that a small area has broken down on his left hip. Is this your fault? If the manager asks if you have turned him in every 2-hours, as stated in the care plan, what will you say? You could say you turned him every 2-hours – this would not change anything for Mannie but would make your life easier. Alternatively, you go to turn him at the end of the night shift only to discover that he has died sometime during the night. Mannie has been dead for a while based on how cold he is. You know you can just claim that you found him earlier in the night and prepare his body quickly before the day staff comes into work. Surely this will not change anything; no one will be hurt, will they?
After reading the article, take some time to reflect on cultural diversity in healthcare, then answer substantively the following questions.
Which, if any, of these scenarios are acceptable? Does the blame attached to any of them change because of the outcome?
What does your choice of actions say about you?
What values are being displayed here? Explain.
We are a professional custom writing website. If you have searched a question and bumped into our website just know you are in the right place to get help in your coursework.
Yes. We have posted over our previous orders to display our experience. Since we have done this question before, we can also do it for you. To make sure we do it perfectly, please fill our Order Form. Filling the order form correctly will assist our team in referencing, specifications and future communication.
1. Click on the “Place order tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
2. Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER INFORMATION" section and click “PRICE CALCULATION” at the bottom to calculate your order price.
3. Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
4. Click “FINAL STEP” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
5. From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.
Need this assignment or any other paper?
Click here and claim 25% off
Discount code SAVE25