1323 Pnur mental health Mrs smith suicide case study
This week in clinical Mrs. Smith made some concerning comments about wanting to end her life. As nurses we must know the warning signs to watch for, assessment of risk level if warning signs are identified, and possible interventions that can be implemented to aid in keeping the client safe.
1. Read through the Important Suicide Information. What did you learn?
2. Identify and list any warning signs that Mrs. Smith may have exhibited. Be specific… what did you see in the recording that was a red flag?
3. Based on Mrs. Smith’s statements how would you rate her suicide level.
4. What information in Mrs. Smith’s history would contribute to her increased feelings of sadness and hopelessness?
5. Mrs. Smith has been hospitalized following a suicide attempt, is placed on suicide precautions on the psychiatric unit. She admits that she is still feeling suicidal. What is one of the most appropriate interventions in this instance?
6. What are five common symptoms of depression?
7. List interventions that can be implemented to help keep Mrs. Smith safe.
8. Identify two treatments available for depression.
Mrs. Smith was evaluated by the psychiatrist. Escitalopram (Lexapro) 10 mg daily at bedtime is ordered.
9. What special instructions will you give to Mrs. Smith regarding Lexapro?
The following question not related to this scenario, but is related to depression.
10. Electroconvulsive therapy (ECT) is a possible treatment for depression. Describe what occurs with ECT and the nursing care during pre-procedure intra-procedure and post-procedure care of a patient receiving ECT.
We are a professional custom writing website. If you have searched a question and bumped into our website just know you are in the right place to get help in your coursework.
Yes. We have posted over our previous orders to display our experience. Since we have done this question before, we can also do it for you. To make sure we do it perfectly, please fill our Order Form. Filling the order form correctly will assist our team in referencing, specifications and future communication.
1. Click on the “Place order tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
2. Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER INFORMATION" section and click “PRICE CALCULATION” at the bottom to calculate your order price.
3. Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
4. Click “FINAL STEP” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
5. From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.
Need this assignment or any other paper?
Click here and claim 25% off
Discount code SAVE25