History of Present Problem:
Sean Donald is a 55-year-old male with a history of cirrhosis and ETOH abuse who has not had any medical care the last ten years. He began vomiting large amounts of bright red blood when he woke up this morning. He was found on the floor of the bathroom by Sheila, his girlfriend, when he became lightheaded and fell on the floor and was too weak to get up. Sheila called 911.
Paramedics report that there was a large dark red/black stool in the toilet. They were able to get an 18-gauge IV in the right antecubital vein, and Jim received 500 mL of 0.9% NS. His initial BP was 80/40 at the scene, and his most recent BP is 82/44 with a current heart rate of 128, sinus tachycardia.
Sean recently lost his job as a construction laborer and was divorced six months ago. His ex-wife has full custody of his two children. Sean’s girlfriend states that he has been more depressed lately and has been drinking more heavily since his divorce. He takes ibuprofen daily for chronic back pain.
P-Q-R-S-T Pain Assessment:
T: 98.2 F/36.8 C (oral)
P: 138 (regular)
R: 28 (regular)
BP: 74/30 MAP: 45
O2 sat: 95% room air
Lethargic, body tense, appears uncomfortable but denies pain
Breath sounds clear with equal aeration bilaterally ant/post, non-labored respiratory effort
Pale, extremities cool, no edema, heart sounds regular with no abnormal beats, pulses weak,
equal to palpation at radial/pedal/post-tibial landmarks, 1-2 second capillary refill
Alert & oriented to person, place, time, and situation (x4), whispers responses
Abdomen flat, soft/non-tender, bowel sounds audible per auscultation in all four quadrants, feels
No urine output present
Skin integrity intact, skin turgor elastic, no tenting present
Basic Metabolic Panel (BMP)
Complete Blood Count (CBC)
1.Describe a situation that required you as the nurse to formulate a correct clinical judgment to either advance the plan of care or to recognize clinical data that represented a change in clinical status in the case study
2. What can be learned from it
3. What would you do differently?
4. How you can use this knowledge in the future
We are a professional custom writing website. If you have searched a question and bumped into our website just know you are in the right place to get help in your coursework.
Yes. We have posted over our previous orders to display our experience. Since we have done this question before, we can also do it for you. To make sure we do it perfectly, please fill our Order Form. Filling the order form correctly will assist our team in referencing, specifications and future communication.
1. Click on the “Place order tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
2. Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER INFORMATION" section and click “PRICE CALCULATION” at the bottom to calculate your order price.
3. Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
4. Click “FINAL STEP” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
5. From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.
Need this assignment or any other paper?
Click here and claim 25% off
Discount code SAVE25