Note: Disability Course Australia
CHCDIV001 Work with diverse people
This unit describes the skills and knowledge required to work respectfully with people from diverse social and cultural groups and situations, including Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people. This unit applies to all workers.
Skills must have been demonstrated in the workplace or in a simulated environment that reflects workplace conditions. Where simulation is used, it must reflect real working conditions by modelling industry operating conditions and contingencies, as well as, using suitable facilities, equipment and resources.
1. (a) Explain what cultural awareness is, and
(b) How it can benefit your role in the workplace.
2. (a) Describe cultural safety in the workplace, and
(b) Provide one example of how to demonstrate cultural safety in your work role.
3. (a) Define what cultural competence is and
(b) provide one example of how cultural competence is demonstrated in the workplace.
4. Outline the specific social and cultural needs of people who practise a religion. (state the religion e.g. Hindu, clearly so the assessor can respond accordingly)
5. Outline the specific social and cultural needs of people with a disability.
6. Use a specific example to outline how an individual’s culture and the community attitudes, language, policies and structures impact on how they work with diverse groups. (clearly state the culture)
7. How do diversity practices and experience impact on an individual’s behaviour, interpersonal relationships, perception and social expectations of others? Use an example in your response.
8. (a) Provide an example of one social, one political and one economic issue that affects Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, and
(b) discuss the impact of these issues in relation to the workplace.
9. Describe steps that could be taken to improve the likelihood of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples accessing the health or welfare services they require.
10. Describe ways to improve social awareness and self-awareness in the workplace, using two examples.
11. Explain how culture, race and ethnicity differ.
12. (a) Discuss one aspect of disability and
(b) How it can affect a person.
13. How do religious and spiritual beliefs differ from each other?
14. Outline how to demonstrate understanding and acceptance of gender diversity.
15. How does intersex identity differ from gender identity?
16. How might generational factors impact one’s work with people?
17. (a) What does sexual orientation mean, and
(b) What terms are commonly used to describe a person’s sexual orientation?
18. Outline how the policy of assimilation in Australia affects people from diverse backgrounds.
19. (a) What is the Adult Migrant English Program (AMEP) and
(b) How could it assist people from diverse groups?
20. Identify three ways diversity benefits the Australian economy.
21. Identify one way that diversity has impacted Australian culture.
22. How can changes in Australian society positively impact the Australian community and the diverse communities within Australia?
23. (a) Identify the international, national, state/territory and local laws that apply when workers discriminate against a person on the basis of their age.
(b) Explain how a breach is responded to.
24. Identify the international, national, state/territory and local laws that apply when workers discriminate against a person on the basis of a disability.
25. Identify the international, national, state/territory and local laws that apply when workers discriminate against a person on the basis of race.
26. Identify the international, national, state/territory and local laws that apply when workers discriminate against a person on the basis of their sex.
27. (a) Describe what the Universal Declaration of Human Rights is.
(b) What is an example of a breach of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights?
(c) How could you respond to a breach of human rights?
28. What is the relationship between human rights and human needs?
29. (a) Explain what the AHRC Act is and
(b) How it helps to protect human rights.
30. Provide an example of a protective factor for physical, emotional and mental issues.
31. For each of the following marginalised groups, provide an example of a need they may experience:
(a) People marginalised because of physical factors
(b) People marginalised because of mental factors
(c) People marginalised because of emotional factors
32. Provide an example of each of the following impacts that can be experienced by people who are marginalised because of physical needs:
(d) Negative attitudes
33. (a) Provide an example of one issue that may cause communication difficulty or misunderstanding in the workplace.
(b) Explain the appropriate response.
34. Identify the verbal and nonverbal responses to make if misunderstandings or difficulties occur as a result of diversity issues.
35. Outline how to respond sensitively to a difficulty in a workplace that occurs due to diversity.
36. Who should you contact if you were involved in a conflict that stemmed from diversity issues and your supervisor was not contactable?
CHCLEG003 Manage legal and ethical compliance
This unit describes the skills and knowledge required to research information about compliance and ethical practice responsibilities, and then develop and monitor policies and procedures to meet those responsibilities. The unit applies to people working in roles with managerial responsibility for legal and ethical compliance in a small to medium sized organisations. There may or may not be a team of workers involved.
Skills must have been demonstrated in the workplace or in a simulated environment that reflects workplace conditions. The following conditions must be met for this unit:
use of suitable facilities, equipment and resources, including
current legislation and regulations
workplace policies and procedures
modelling of industry operating conditions, including:
use of real or simulated organization for which the candidate develops policies and procedures
integration of problem-solving activities
5. Name two regulatory authorities relevant to the health and community sector and identify their scope of responsibility.
11. Provide one organisational policy that protects a human right as per the Universal Declaration of Human Rights and explain how that policy is relevant to the provision of community service.
14. Describe how a human rights approach to care should be demonstrated in policies within a community services organisation.
15. Provide one example of a human rights instrument that could be used to inform the development of policies and procedures in a community services orgnisation.
16. Explain two legal responsibilities of community services workers relating to informed consent.
19. Identify and describe one right and one responsibility of workers in the community services sector.
20. Identify and describe one right and one responsibility of employers in the community services sector.
21. Identify and describe one right and one responsibility of clients in the community services sector.
22. Describe how industrial relations legislation and requirements apply to community service organisations.
24. Describe one example of specific statutory reporting requirements relating to an area of the community services sector.
25. Explain the specific requirements in the area of community services work relating to public liability insurance.
26. Explain the specific requirements in the area of community services work relating to workers compensation insurance.
30. Explain the purpose of a code of practice.
31. Describe how complaints could be managed internally by a community services organisation.
32. Identify and describe two practice standards relating to the community services sector.
33. Explain the importance of understanding practitioner-client boundaries in community services work.
35. Explain how policies and procedures are used to manage compliance and ethical practice in external service delivery.
37. Describe a policy framework that relates to the community services sector.
38. Explain why community services organisations are required to develop and implement plans, policies, codes of conduct and incorporate certain workplace practices.
39. Describe two ways community services organisation should safeguard confidential information and records of service users.
40. Describe two ways that community service workers could clarify their level of authority.
44. Explain the need for community services organisation to apply for licences and associated certifications.
46. Describe what an organisation must do to obtain accreditation?
47. Explain why community service workers should undergo continuing professional education (CPE).
We are a professional custom writing website. If you have searched a question and bumped into our website just know you are in the right place to get help in your coursework.
Yes. We have posted over our previous orders to display our experience. Since we have done this question before, we can also do it for you. To make sure we do it perfectly, please fill our Order Form. Filling the order form correctly will assist our team in referencing, specifications and future communication.
1. Click on the “Place order tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
2. Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER INFORMATION" section and click “PRICE CALCULATION” at the bottom to calculate your order price.
3. Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
4. Click “FINAL STEP” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
5. From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.
Need this assignment or any other paper?
Click here and claim 25% off
Discount code SAVE25