Client Name: Michael Morrison Gender: Male Race: Caucasian
Age: 6 Weight: 53 lbs Height: 50 inches Location: Peds unit
Physician: Dr. Spock
Client Information: Michael presented to the ED with wheezing, SOB, and a prolonged
expiratory phase. Michael’s mother states he has had cold like symptoms last week and thought
it had resolved except for episodic coughing at night.
Past Medical History: Michael is newly diagnosed with asthma. His father has been treating
Michael with his own medication up to this point.
Social History: Lives at home with parents. Michael is in the first grade.
Medication List: Albuterol nebulizer, prednisolone PO, montelukast PO, acetaminophen PO,
fluticasone propionate metered dose inhaler (MDI)
Chest x-ray- Mild hyperinflation, no infiltrate seen
1. What is the definition of asthma and the causes of the disease?
2. What are the clinical signs and symptoms of asthma and what are the
3. List the components of a focused respiratory assessment.
4. What is Michael’s developmental stage and how should the nurse adjust
care based on his developmental stage?
5. What potential problems is Michael at risk for due to his diagnosis of
asthma? What assessment data (subjective and objective (vital sign
changes, lab values, etc.) would support the potential problem being an
actual problem? How would you manage the problem (nursing
9. Explain how asthma results in ‘hyperinflation’ in the lungs as seen on
Michael’s chest x-ray. (per Radiology Report in the Patient Overview
10. What arterial blood gas (ABG) changes indicate respiratory acidosis?
(also list normal ranges for pH, CO2, and HCO3)
We are a professional custom writing website. If you have searched a question and bumped into our website just know you are in the right place to get help in your coursework.
Yes. We have posted over our previous orders to display our experience. Since we have done this question before, we can also do it for you. To make sure we do it perfectly, please fill our Order Form. Filling the order form correctly will assist our team in referencing, specifications and future communication.
1. Click on the “Place order tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
2. Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER INFORMATION" section and click “PRICE CALCULATION” at the bottom to calculate your order price.
3. Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
4. Click “FINAL STEP” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
5. From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.
Need this assignment or any other paper?
Click here and claim 25% off
Discount code SAVE25