During a clinical practice in palliative care at the Oncology Unit of Korle-bu Teaching Hospital, Madam Seguwa a 48-year-old trader who lives with her husband Mr. Addo and three children was admitted to the unit with end stage metastatic breast cancer. She is a christian with inpatient No.X024 admitted on bed 12 and attended to by Dr. Owusu-Ansah. She was diagnosed with breast cancer three years ago, had undergone a right mastectomy with adjuvant chemotherapy but condition did not improve. She complained of pain in the bones and joints, which may be constant or become worse with activity, back, neck pain, nausea, vomiting, loss of appetite and fatigue as persistent symptoms. Her Hb level was 7.8g/dl. Madam Seguwa’s condition has put her entire family under huge psychosocial distress. On assessment of the client, she has been moody and expressed that she is tired of suffering from the condition despite all measures put in place to restore her health. The supervising nurse with her team planned palliative care as the appropriate care to manage Madam Seguwa.
1. As a student nurse, formulate two (2) nursing diagnoses using the patient problem of pain and fatigue and draw a comprehensive nursing care plan to manage Madam Seguwa
2. Apart from patient’s statement of the intensity of pain on the numerical pain assessment scale, critically analyze ten (10) other observations you as a student nurse will make on Madam Seguwa that suggest that she is in pain during this life-threatening condition.
3. Demonstrate five (5) appropriate nursing skills during grieving and bereavement process of Madam Seguwa.
4. Identify ten (10) stressors that may affect the family of Madam Seguwa and the measures you will put in place to assist them cope with the psychosocial distress associated with caring for their relative
We are a professional custom writing website. If you have searched a question and bumped into our website just know you are in the right place to get help in your coursework.
Yes. We have posted over our previous orders to display our experience. Since we have done this question before, we can also do it for you. To make sure we do it perfectly, please fill our Order Form. Filling the order form correctly will assist our team in referencing, specifications and future communication.
1. Click on the “Place order tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
2. Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER INFORMATION" section and click “PRICE CALCULATION” at the bottom to calculate your order price.
3. Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
4. Click “FINAL STEP” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
5. From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.
Need this assignment or any other paper?
Click here and claim 25% off
Discount code SAVE25