Medication compliance is associated with improved clinical outcomes and reduces mortality from chronic health conditions. There are several factors that contribute to a patient’s adherence to a medication regimen. These factors include the ability to pay for medications, forgetting to take medications or obtain refills, and inadequate understanding of doses and/or schedules. Their own personal beliefs and attitudes about their disease, medication side effects, and expectations for improvement can also be barriers to medication compliance. Nonadherence to medication therapy can result in higher rates of hospital admission, increased mortality and morbidity, increased health care costs, and worsening of a chronic condition.
Students will receive “medications” (in the form of candy) and take the candy following the schedule for 3 days. Students will document missed doses, struggles they faced with taking multiple medications, and what it felt like to juggle their medication regimen. Research the medication profile’s monthly cost and consider possible cost-saving options without insurance. You will submit these findings along with a reflection focused on your thoughts on how the cost may impact patient compliance. You will then develop a teaching plan for medication compliance for patients based on the medication profile assigned to you and your experience (3 days) of living the disease. How will you help your patient remember the medication regimen? List questions to ask your patient regarding access to medications, schedule, administration, and behavioral modifications.
You will have to take it back to pathophysiology in order to understand the disease. You will also have to reference your pharmacology and/or drug book. Common questions to answer when completing your journal are:
Describe what each medication is expected to do to improve your condition, how it works, and why compliance is important.
What would happen if you did not take your medications? Document missed doses, struggles they faced with taking multiple medications, and what it felt like to juggle their medication regimen.
Are there any interactions (foods & other medications) you should be concerned with and what OTC medications should you avoid?
What is your normal monitoring for this disease?
What additional monitoring do you need during an exacerbation?
Multiple Sclerosis Patient You have just been diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis. In your journal include information regarding your health condition and education to properly self-manage at home provided to you by your provider and/or nurse. Here is a list of medication(s) your provider has asked you to start taking. 1. Ocrelizumab (Ocrevus) IV infusion 600 mg every 6 months
2. Fingolimod (Gilenya) 0.5 mg PO daily
3. Zanaflex (tizanidine) 4 mg every 6-8 hours (not to exceed 24 mg in 24 hours)
4. Physical Therapy consult (strengthening and stretching exercises)
5. Massage weekly
6. Decadron 10 mg daily po
7. Ibuprofen 400 mg po Q 4-6 hours for mild-moderate pain PRN
8. Lortab 5/500 po Q 6 hours severe pain PR
Health information and education for self-management at home tips, provide information about your disease. Is there a diet you need to follow? Are you required to weight daily? How to identify signs of infection and when to seek care. This is educational information you should provide to a patient when diagnosed with an illness/disease. Exacerbation definition – an acute increase in the severity of a problem or illness.
We are a professional custom writing website. If you have searched a question and bumped into our website just know you are in the right place to get help in your coursework.
Yes. We have posted over our previous orders to display our experience. Since we have done this question before, we can also do it for you. To make sure we do it perfectly, please fill our Order Form. Filling the order form correctly will assist our team in referencing, specifications and future communication.
1. Click on the “Place order tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
2. Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER INFORMATION" section and click “PRICE CALCULATION” at the bottom to calculate your order price.
3. Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
4. Click “FINAL STEP” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
5. From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.
Need this assignment or any other paper?
Click here and claim 25% off
Discount code SAVE25