As a nurse practitioner, you are seeing a 56-year-old male patient who presents with right hip pain. The pain started approximately 2 weeks ago, with a pain scale of nine. He has been taking ibuprofen 800 mg every 6 hours for 2 weeks without significant relief in symptoms. He had a total hip replacement approximately 1 year prior for treatment of a displaced fracture of the neck of the right femoral head. While you are doing a full diagnostic workup, you are considering ordering a short-term course on a Schedule II narcotic for pain management.
Address the following for this assignment in a minimum of 300-400 words:
Propose a Schedule II narcotic that you will be utilizing.
Review the regulations proposed by your state board of nursing. Include your prescription with all of the mandatory requirements as designated by your state board and Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) regulations. Access the template for your prescription at the following link: NRSG651 Blank Prescription Form Template.
Provide a rationale for your drug choice and methods to ensure that the patient does not develop a dependence on the drug.
We are a professional custom writing website. If you have searched a question and bumped into our website just know you are in the right place to get help in your coursework.
Yes. We have posted over our previous orders to display our experience. Since we have done this question before, we can also do it for you. To make sure we do it perfectly, please fill our Order Form. Filling the order form correctly will assist our team in referencing, specifications and future communication.
1. Click on the “Place order tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
2. Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER INFORMATION" section and click “PRICE CALCULATION” at the bottom to calculate your order price.
3. Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
4. Click “FINAL STEP” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
5. From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.
Need this assignment or any other paper?
Click here and claim 25% off
Discount code SAVE25