Apply the decision-making framework (McDonald & Then 2019) to this case study (Steps 1-3 only). Huang is a registered nurse and has recently commenced employment in a regional South Australian town in a large nursing home. During his shifts he is the only registered nurse in charge of 68 residents, 35 of whom have high care needs. The majority of high care residents have been diagnosed with dementia or related disorders. Most of his shift involves completing medication rounds through various wards and documenting records. The nursing home is constantly plagued with understaffing issues. Huang has little time to attend to the individual needs of residents. Assistants in Nursing provide most of the care to the residents in both the low care and high care wards. During his first week at the nursing home Huang has witnessed the following incidents in the 12-bed high care dementia ward: At any given time up to eight ‘mobile’ residents in the ward are restrained in chairs (the other four are restricted to bed) for lengthy periods of time. Two of the more alert residents display signs of psychological distress as a result of the restraint. One of the patients continually asks to have the restraint removed. Huang has been told the restraints are necessary to prevent falls as there is not enough staff to watch the residents and ensure their safety. One aggressive and noisy resident is restrained at all times and is often moved to a secured room for long periods of time, particularly during peak visiting hours. Huang has been told that visitors have complained about the resident’s constant screaming and that his noise also upsets other residents in the ward and therefore the seclusion of this patient is necessary for the comfort of others. Reference Case is adapted from McDonald, F. & Then, S
We are a professional custom writing website. If you have searched a question and bumped into our website just know you are in the right place to get help in your coursework.
Yes. We have posted over our previous orders to display our experience. Since we have done this question before, we can also do it for you. To make sure we do it perfectly, please fill our Order Form. Filling the order form correctly will assist our team in referencing, specifications and future communication.
1. Click on the “Place order tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
2. Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER INFORMATION" section and click “PRICE CALCULATION” at the bottom to calculate your order price.
3. Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
4. Click “FINAL STEP” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
5. From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.
Need this assignment or any other paper?
Click here and claim 25% off
Discount code SAVE25