A 42 year old man is evaluated for redness, pain, swelling, and tenderness on the anterior right thigh. His symptoms started about 4 days ago with a small 1 cm blister on his thigh. The area has gotten bigger over the past 4 days and is now 4 cm x 6 cm. He indicates that has been having fever and chills over the past couple of days. What is your working diagnosis?
Venous stasis ulcer
A 19 year old female presents with complaints of crampy abdominal pain x 7 days. She verifies unprotected sexual activity with multiple partners over the past 6 months. She has purulent vaginal discharge and a low grade temperature (99.6). PID is suspected and cultures have been sent off.
What are the most common bacteria in this patient?
Both B and C
All of the above
A patient is febrile with a history of systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE). Her workup for infection is negative with no other clinical signs of infection. You would attribute her fever to which type?
Central nervous system disease
When two antibiotics combined have a greater effect together than independently, this is known as?
A 37 year old man is currently admitted to the step down unit. He was involved in a motor vehicle crash last week and has been intubated in the ICU since admission The endotracheal tube was removed 2 days ago. The NP diagnosed him with acute bacterial rhinosinusitis. How would you treat this?
Amoxicillin w/Clavulanate for 5 days.
Amoxicillin w/Clavulanate for 14 days.
Amoxicillin for 5 days
Amoxicillin for 14 days
An antibiotic that causes death and disruption of the cell wall is said to be?
Gram negative antibioic
In a patient with HIV, which antibiotic should the patient be on long-term to prevent Pneumocystis pneumonia?
What is the treatment plan for a patient with pelvic inflammatory disease?
Ceftriaxone, Doxycycline and Metronidazole
Ceftriaxone, Pencillin G and Metronidazole
Bactrim, Doxycycline and Metronidazole
Ceftriaxone, Bactrim and Penicillin G
What is the main organism responsible for uncomplicated cystitis and pyelonephritis?
All of the following antibiotics require serum concentration monitoring except?
We are a professional custom writing website. If you have searched a question and bumped into our website just know you are in the right place to get help in your coursework.
Yes. We have posted over our previous orders to display our experience. Since we have done this question before, we can also do it for you. To make sure we do it perfectly, please fill our Order Form. Filling the order form correctly will assist our team in referencing, specifications and future communication.
1. Click on the “Place order tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
2. Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER INFORMATION" section and click “PRICE CALCULATION” at the bottom to calculate your order price.
3. Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
4. Click “FINAL STEP” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
5. From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.
Need this assignment or any other paper?
Click here and claim 25% off
Discount code SAVE25