environmental science question and need the explanation and answer to help me learn.
The Scientific Method
Science is not just a collection of facts. What sets science apart is that it is based on a process that guides discovery from what we know through a series of questions and observations. The key step is to be able to ask a scientific question and then to collect the best data to answer that question. We state scientific questions as testable statements (hypotheses) and then design experiments to assess the validity of the hypotheses. (See the first sentence of this Wikipedia page for a good definition of hypothesis.) It is often most effective to form two opposing hypotheses and then assess them against each other. To do that, you set up conditions that would end up one way if one hypothesis is supported by the results of the experiment, and another if the other hypothesis is supported by the data. That is your task this week design an experiment to test two hypotheses against one another.
The question is: Why does a spilled cup of water disappear faster in the sun than in the shade?
Hypothesis 1: It is hotter in the sunny spot, which causes the water to evaporate faster.
Hypothesis 2: Direct sunlight excites the water molecules, speeding evaporation.
Write a step-by-step experiment to test the hypotheses against each other.You are free to control the conditions if that would be helpful just be sure to describe your controls clearly and completely.Your goal is to describe this clearly enough that someone else could run the experiment.Tell them exactly what to measure and how often to measure it.
Describe what response would support hypothesis 1 and what would support hypothesis 2.
Possible wow factor elements:
Critique your design by identifying possible flaws in your methods that could affect the results;
Conduct the experiment and provide photos of your set up and the data that you collected and which (if either) hypothesis was supported;
Find a recent scientific paper related to your question, provide a PDF of the paper, and give a three-sentence summary.
Requirements: long ass it needs answer everything it ask
We are a professional custom writing website. If you have searched a question and bumped into our website just know you are in the right place to get help in your coursework.
Yes. We have posted over our previous orders to display our experience. Since we have done this question before, we can also do it for you. To make sure we do it perfectly, please fill our Order Form. Filling the order form correctly will assist our team in referencing, specifications and future communication.
1. Click on the “Place order tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
2. Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER INFORMATION" section and click “PRICE CALCULATION” at the bottom to calculate your order price.
3. Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
4. Click “FINAL STEP” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
5. From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.
Need this assignment or any other paper?
Click here and claim 25% off
Discount code SAVE25