You are a candidate for Chief of Police of the Littletown Police Department. Since the department is small having only 20 officers, the police chief is also the chief of community relations. There is a two step process. You have already completed the first step outlining your qualifications for the job congratulations!
The second stage of the interview process will cover how you handle community based issues. The Littletown Police Department was involved in 3 officer involved shootings, 2 were justified, unfortunately, the 3rd shooting resulted in the officer being fired and charged with manslaughter. The officer in question fired his service weapon striking what he believed was a robbery suspect. As it turns out the victim was a 16 year old headed to pick up his grandmother. The internal investigation revealed the race, height, weight, and vehicle description of the victim was completely different from what the officer was given and there was no initial justification to stop the vehicle.
As you might imagine the public is outraged. The mayor would like to be very careful in who he selects to fill this position with the city in such an uproar. On a large scale 3 uses of deadly force in not particularly high for one year, but it does get some attention in a small department and community.
For this assignment. Write Mayor Goldsmith a memo as the candidate. Detail to him how you would re-establish trust with he community if you were hired for the job. Lay out anything you would do or say to that end
We are a professional custom writing website. If you have searched a question and bumped into our website just know you are in the right place to get help in your coursework.
Yes. We have posted over our previous orders to display our experience. Since we have done this question before, we can also do it for you. To make sure we do it perfectly, please fill our Order Form. Filling the order form correctly will assist our team in referencing, specifications and future communication.
1. Click on the “Place order tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
2. Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER INFORMATION" section and click “PRICE CALCULATION” at the bottom to calculate your order price.
3. Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
4. Click “FINAL STEP” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
5. From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.
Need this assignment or any other paper?
Click here and claim 25% off
Discount code SAVE25