Privacy Laws and Protection of Personal Information
The protection of personal and confidential information is tremendously important to U.S. citizens and organizations. The security of a private citizen’s information and personal effects is specifically addressed in the Constitution and in the Bill of Rights. In modern times, the Internet has provided a venue where information about individual users is gathered, stored, analyzed, and reported. This information is sometimes used by organizations to make better tactical and strategic business decisions. Considering the large amounts of data collected by the government and private industries, there are huge gaps in existing protection laws.
Review the article “Is Privacy Possible in 2020?” or select another case and provide the link to it in your writing and on the reference page.
Write a 3-5 page paper based on the information from the above link with supporting research activities. You may also use the information in the text (without plagiarizing), or other resources. Complete the following:
Identify and briefly describe 2-3 laws enacted to protect citizens’ privacy and intellectual property rights.
Identify the organizations responsible for enforcement or monitoring compliance with those laws.
Discuss 2-3 systems that gather data that citizens fear is being misused.
The European Union (EU) designed the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) to strengthen the protection of citizens’ data. Discuss the pros and cons of its use in comparison to the protections present in U.S. law or regulations.
Provide suggestions or recommendations of mitigations that citizens can use to protect themselves from possible loss or misuse of personal or intellectual information.
Use at least three quality resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and similar websites do not qualify as quality resources. The Strayer University Library has many excellent resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
This course requires the use of Strayer Writing Standards. For assistance and information, please refer to the Strayer Writing Standards link in the left-hand menu of your course.
We are a professional custom writing website. If you have searched a question and bumped into our website just know you are in the right place to get help in your coursework.
Yes. We have posted over our previous orders to display our experience. Since we have done this question before, we can also do it for you. To make sure we do it perfectly, please fill our Order Form. Filling the order form correctly will assist our team in referencing, specifications and future communication.
1. Click on the “Place order tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
2. Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER INFORMATION" section and click “PRICE CALCULATION” at the bottom to calculate your order price.
3. Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
4. Click “FINAL STEP” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
5. From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.
Need this assignment or any other paper?
Click here and claim 25% off
Discount code SAVE25