Respond with your thoughts on the post “The movie that I wanted to talk about where I saw many different types of editing techniques is the holiday classic, Elf. Throughout the entire movie, there is some cutting scenes from one time to another. More specifically, in the link provided when the parents get home from work, they see that the house is turned into a Christmas miracle. This is whereby a few hours; the cutting time frame takes place. They go from getting home from work, to dinner in the matter of a split second. This is the dinner scene, where Buddy is talking about his adventurous day throughout the city.
On the other hand, in this same exact scene, when they wrap up for dinner, it is another time frame cut to the next day when Buddy goes to sleep. Of course, through dialogue between two main characters in the movie, we see a massive number of cuts happening between one another. In this same scene, there is rapid cutting from one character to the next. Not only in this scene, but throughout the entire film, the cutting between shots of a point of view, back to a third person view are interesting to see. Sometimes it happens to be a close-up, going back to the over the shoulder shot to see the characters expression when hearing dialogue.
Overall, not only just in this scene but the whole movie has more than a handful of action shots, cuts, and cuts from different perspectives happening on a consistent basis. For the long takes, in this movie I do not believe there was any in the scene provided, but throughout the film the long takes, and rapid cuts are what keeps the audience most interested. “
We are a professional custom writing website. If you have searched a question and bumped into our website just know you are in the right place to get help in your coursework.
Yes. We have posted over our previous orders to display our experience. Since we have done this question before, we can also do it for you. To make sure we do it perfectly, please fill our Order Form. Filling the order form correctly will assist our team in referencing, specifications and future communication.
1. Click on the “Place order tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
2. Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER INFORMATION" section and click “PRICE CALCULATION” at the bottom to calculate your order price.
3. Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
4. Click “FINAL STEP” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
5. From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.
Need this assignment or any other paper?
Click here and claim 25% off
Discount code SAVE25