The article from the Kansas Reflector explores the ongoing conflict between religious freedom and LGBTQ rights in schools and colleges across the United States. The article highlights various court cases where religious institutions and individuals have claimed their right to express their beliefs and oppose LGBTQ lifestyles, while LGBTQ advocates argue that it creates a hostile environment and constitutes discrimination. The article notes a few recent court cases, including a Supreme Court decision that allowed a Christian student group to deny membership to LGBTQ students in a public law school and a federal court ruling that favored a transgender student who was banned from using the bathroom matching their gender identity.
Religious freedom and LGBTQ rights clash in schools and on campuses — and courts are deciding
The conflict highlights conflicting philosophies regarding the interpretation of the First Amendment rights of religious freedom and free speech versus anti-discrimination protections for LGBTQ individuals. The article notes that this issue will likely continue to be a major debate in American education and society for years to come. Regarding the Bible’s teachings on government and religious duty, it is important to remember that Jesus instructed his followers to “render unto Caesar the things that are Caesar’s, and unto God the things that are God’s” (Mark 12:17). This suggests that while religious beliefs and practices are important, they should not impede the duties and responsibilities of government or harm the rights of others. Ultimately, individuals and institutions must weigh their religious beliefs with respect for the rights of others and the law.
Kansas Reflector. (2022, December 3). Religious freedom and LGBTQ rights clash in schools and on campuses, and courts are deciding. Retrieved from https://kansasreflector.com/2022/12/03/religious-freedom-and-lgbtq-rights-clash-in-schools-and-on-campuses-and-courts-are-deciding/
This is a discussion write if agree or disagree minimum of hundred fifty words
We are a professional custom writing website. If you have searched a question and bumped into our website just know you are in the right place to get help in your coursework.
Yes. We have posted over our previous orders to display our experience. Since we have done this question before, we can also do it for you. To make sure we do it perfectly, please fill our Order Form. Filling the order form correctly will assist our team in referencing, specifications and future communication.
1. Click on the “Place order tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
2. Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER INFORMATION" section and click “PRICE CALCULATION” at the bottom to calculate your order price.
3. Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
4. Click “FINAL STEP” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
5. From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.
Need this assignment or any other paper?
Click here and claim 25% off
Discount code SAVE25