The agency problem refers to the separation of ownership and control. Shareholders are the owners, but managers control the firm from day to day. Managers are expected to act as agents on behalf of the owners who are considered principals. Sometimes, however, managers act in their own self-interest. Some ways they might do this include excessive consumption of perks (e.g., flying the corporate jet to a personal vacation spot), just wasting time (e.g., now working), or making decisions without considering the effect on shareholder wealth (e.g., adding more employees so that they have a “kingdom” under their control).
Both target company CEOs and acquiring company CEOs may have goals that are different than the goals of their shareholders.
Post a paragraph describing the actions that one of these CEOs might take that would be contrary to the principle of shareholder value maximization; Describe how the action is against shareholder interest or how it might destroy shareholder value. Be clear in your discussion of whether you are talking about a target company CEO or an acquiring company CEO.
Within one week after the initial posting due date (i.e., by May 4th), look over the discussion posts of your classmates and do the following:
¢ Make a recommendation to one of your classmates as to how to reduce the likelihood of the situation described by that classmate.
Answer the question: How do you think the situation described by your classmates could have been avoidable in the first place? If you think the situation is unavoidable, please explain further.
We are a professional custom writing website. If you have searched a question and bumped into our website just know you are in the right place to get help in your coursework.
Yes. We have posted over our previous orders to display our experience. Since we have done this question before, we can also do it for you. To make sure we do it perfectly, please fill our Order Form. Filling the order form correctly will assist our team in referencing, specifications and future communication.
1. Click on the “Place order tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
2. Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER INFORMATION" section and click “PRICE CALCULATION” at the bottom to calculate your order price.
3. Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
4. Click “FINAL STEP” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
5. From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.
Need this assignment or any other paper?
Click here and claim 25% off
Discount code SAVE25