1.Social devaluation is when there is a systemic devaluation of a group of individuals in a society on the basis of differences or certain characteristics attributed to them. Discuss this statement in 80 words.
2.People with disabilities experience many barriers and social devaluation is one of these. Discuss in 150 words how social devaluation can impact an individual’s quality of life.
3.There are different elements that inform supporting clients with disabilities into community participation. Identify principles of each of the following approaches:
Person-centred practice as discussed within NDIS practice standards?
4. Supporting people with disabilities to be socially inclusive and participate in their community will require assessing risks, mitigating them, and following duty or care balanced with the dignity of risk.
Explain the meaning of following legal and ethical responsibilities:
Duty of care?
Dignity of risk?
5.Discuss the process and principals of risk assessment and mitigation that apply while supporting people with disabilities to be socially inclusive and participate in community. In your discussion include risk identification and mitigation requirements of meeting the WHS Act 2011, duty of care, and dignity of risk principles.
6. The United Nations Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities (UNCRPD), also called the Convention, highlights the principles that governments and organisations are expected to follow when dealing with people with a disability. It has eight principals.
Identify three principals of the Convention that mention the words access, participation, or dignity.
7.In 60 words discuss the intention of UNCRPD in supporting social development.
8.In 100 words discuss the social model of disability.
Your response should clearly identify the understanding of impairment and disability and also list the barriers that society poses to people with disability within this model.
9.According to the social model, the barriers that disable a person with impairment are posed by society. In 40 words for each discuss the following two of the identified barriers within the social model of disability:
10. Physical or environmental barriers have been recognised within the social model and identified elsewhere to have significant impact on individuals with disabilities.
Discuss what physical barriers are and how to support people who experience these barriers.
11. The World Health Organisation describes identified barriers that might limit the functioning of people with disabilities. Discuss the following barriers that clients may identify and develop strategies for their active involvement:
12.Discuss how barriers in communication and social participation impact on people.
13.Identify support or devices required to assist with communication.
14. Explain the communication strategies that can be applied to support people with disabilities in community participation.
15.Funding frameworks that are supported by commonwealth government and state and territory government can support clients with disabilities.
Identify five (5) sources where you can access information about funding available for people with disability. Identify and give the website for funding that is available to people with disability if they do not meet the NDIS requirements.
16. Discus the Information Linkages and Capacity Building (ILC) and its areas of support community participation
17.Discuss how funding available through NDIS support budgets impacts on community participation of an approved client.
18.Identify five (5) organisations that could support clients with disabilities in community integration.
19.Identify three elements of best practice in the area of community participation and social inclusion.
20.Discuss how you would identify clients’ individual cultural differences, interests, abilities, and requirements while supporting people with disabilities to participate in community organisations.
21. Please read the two (2) scenarios and respond to each of these. You are required to meet the minimum word count limit for each of these scenarios.
You are required to start supporting clients with cognitive barriers with your supervisor. In order to do so you are required to show your understanding. Discuss what are cognitive barriers including the conditions associated with these. Also identify the problems that are associated with cognitive barriers. Research and identify two organisations or networks that would support people with cognitive disability. Give their web address. Your response should have a minimum of 260 words.
22. Scenario 2
To maximise their participation in the community, you are required to work with and support clients with their travel and transport needs.
Discuss the travel and transportation needs of clients with disability, in your discussion include:
Barriers faced by people with disability while accessing travel and transport facilities
Also include how you could support clients in their travel as well as transportation needs
Identify the Budget Support area within NDIS that provides funding form transport for people approved within NDIS funding.
Your response should be in a minimum of 350 words
We are a professional custom writing website. If you have searched a question and bumped into our website just know you are in the right place to get help in your coursework.
Yes. We have posted over our previous orders to display our experience. Since we have done this question before, we can also do it for you. To make sure we do it perfectly, please fill our Order Form. Filling the order form correctly will assist our team in referencing, specifications and future communication.
1. Click on the “Place order tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
2. Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER INFORMATION" section and click “PRICE CALCULATION” at the bottom to calculate your order price.
3. Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
4. Click “FINAL STEP” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
5. From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.
Need this assignment or any other paper?
Click here and claim 25% off
Discount code SAVE25