respond/ give opinion to the following
1. European cinema was influenced by World War ll in many ways. A good example is the production of films. Throughout the war against Germany, European cinema survived by producing movies / films that recalled past heroes and events or provided fantasies (Module 1). Also, becuase of the ravaged state that the war left their countries in, England and France began to tell cinematic stories in new ways with new concerns. (Module 1). Films such as “The Maltese Falcon” and “Double Indemnity” are both great examples of film noir because in “The Maltese Falcon” there is an anti-hero and femme fatale along with a dark theme and mystery elements (Module 3) and in “Double Indemnity” the film, like “The Maltese Falcon”, also contains an anti-hero, a femme fatale, and mystery elements along with murder. (Module 4)
2. During World War II many governments took the approach of censorship of mass media, as many leaders “regarded film as the century’s most important communications medium” (P225). Many people stuck at home were either watching television or at the cinemas, meaning keeping the harmony was important. This idea was prevalent in the Soviet Union. When the Soviet Union felt the Nazi’s were going to invade, Eisenenstein was chosen to doa film on a slavic prince who rallies the russians up to repel against enemy forces (P229). A film like this was clearly used as a morale booster, and these positive films are what governments were striving to have run the industry at the time.
In relation to U.S. Noirs these films are drastically different. The films being released and monitored by the governemnt during WWII were generally patriotically uplifting, and would often have a hero or multiple. On the other hand, Noirs are dark, pessimistic, and moody. There are no heros in Noirs, only antiheros.
We are a professional custom writing website. If you have searched a question and bumped into our website just know you are in the right place to get help in your coursework.
Yes. We have posted over our previous orders to display our experience. Since we have done this question before, we can also do it for you. To make sure we do it perfectly, please fill our Order Form. Filling the order form correctly will assist our team in referencing, specifications and future communication.
1. Click on the “Place order tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
2. Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER INFORMATION" section and click “PRICE CALCULATION” at the bottom to calculate your order price.
3. Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
4. Click “FINAL STEP” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
5. From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.
Need this assignment or any other paper?
Click here and claim 25% off
Discount code SAVE25