https://studylib.net/doc/25790543/africana-studies-a-survey-of-africa-and-the-african-diasp Please pick a song from chapter 14 and answer the following. Part 1: Choose a song, any song (should probably be under 8 minutes) from any genre or time period of popular music, that you will analyze in different ways throughout the four parts of this assignment. Describe what situations you are most likely to listen to the song in, how closely you listen to the song, and what sort of activity you think the song’s general audience uses it for. Then, outline as best you can what the song means to you, using both what is contained in the lyrics, and describing as best you can how the music affects that meaning. Part 2: Listen to your chosen song; focus on the first thirty seconds. First, describe the music as it happens: what instruments enter and when, what the instruments are playing, dynamics, tempo, characteristics of the beat and melody (if it has appeared), and characteristics of the voice and lyrics (if they have appeared). After this, describe the same 30 seconds again, but in a non-linear way: describe the overall feel and style of the excerpt as best you can use the elements you’ve described in part one. What kind of atmosphere does this set up for the rest of the song? Part 3: Select any excerpt of your song. Analyze this excerpt as thoroughly as possible without repeating yourself or being redundant. Push yourself to come up with as many original ideas as you can about the rhythm, melody, vocal style, form, history, and everything else. Remember, it is not enough to describe what is happening; use your discernment of social and cultural elements to develop an argument about how each element coheres into a perceptual effect of the music that affects how the lyrics are understood and/or heard in society.
We are a professional custom writing website. If you have searched a question and bumped into our website just know you are in the right place to get help in your coursework.
Yes. We have posted over our previous orders to display our experience. Since we have done this question before, we can also do it for you. To make sure we do it perfectly, please fill our Order Form. Filling the order form correctly will assist our team in referencing, specifications and future communication.
1. Click on the “Place order tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
2. Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER INFORMATION" section and click “PRICE CALCULATION” at the bottom to calculate your order price.
3. Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
4. Click “FINAL STEP” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
5. From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.
Need this assignment or any other paper?
Click here and claim 25% off
Discount code SAVE25