ASU Development and Strategic Planning in Healthcare Discussion: Culture Connections & Patient Safety
Culture drives qualityif an organization does not have a culture in which they hold themselves and others accountable, it is probable that it will not achieve and sustain high-level quality outcomes. Patient safety is defined as freedom from accidental injury; you have seen how medical errors are harmful, and that there are second victims that suffer as well. Remember quality can be defined as the cumulative impact of all that happens to a patient while in an organizations care (Porter, 2012, p. 193).
A Just Culture gives organizations a template to uniformly address the shortcomings or errors of those who fail. It addresses failures in four different areas, which include 1) human errors and mistakes, meaning unintentional harm; 2) carelessness or at-risk behavioror not paying attention that results in an error; 3) recklessness or a flagrant disregard for norms where an error occurs unintentionally, but because of recklessness; and 4) those who just do not pay attention and have no regard for authority.
In this Discussion, you will identify a model that a health care organization might use to improve their culture of quality and describe whether the ethical theory of Just Culture would improve the quality and why.
Review Learning Resources on culture and patient safety.
We are a professional custom writing website. If you have searched a question and bumped into our website just know you are in the right place to get help in your coursework.
Yes. We have posted over our previous orders to display our experience. Since we have done this question before, we can also do it for you. To make sure we do it perfectly, please fill our Order Form. Filling the order form correctly will assist our team in referencing, specifications and future communication.
1. Click on the “Place order tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
2. Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER INFORMATION" section and click “PRICE CALCULATION” at the bottom to calculate your order price.
3. Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
4. Click “FINAL STEP” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
5. From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.
Need this assignment or any other paper?
Click here and claim 25% off
Discount code SAVE25