Reference: Topic- Provide healthy eating information (Unit: SISFFIT005)
1. Name three (3) diseases which can be caused by poor nutritional habits.
a) A client approaches you to discuss their weight loss results. They are disappointed that they have only lost 500g in the last six weeks. They present you with a log that shows they have weighed themselves every single day for the past six weeks. You also examine their fitness appraisal results and observe the following:
Body Mass Index18.1 kg/m2
Waist to Hip Ratio0.68
Body Fat %15%
Would you consider this client to have a healthy body image? Explain your answer.
b) Would you refer this client to an allied health professional (AHP)? If so which AHP/s?
3. Briefly discuss the relationship between body composition and physical and mental health. Provide references to support your answer.
4. Briefly discuss the relationship between attitudes to eating and physical and mental health. In your response, include discussion of Anorexia nervosa and Bulimia nervosa
a) The National Health and Medical Research Council (NHMRC) provides which three (3) guidelines (documents) for healthy eating based on the best available scientific evidence.
b) Where would you find specific nutritional information relating to your role as a fitness professional?
c) From your answer to “a.” briefly describe the five (5) guidelines outlined in the document which is intended to promote optimal health and wellbeing for the generally healthy Australian population.
6. Complete the table below by inserting the correct energy content value and recommended % of daily dietary intake for each macronutrient.
Energy content (kJ/g)
% of daily intake
Fats (or lipids).
7. List the five (5) basic food groups and give three (3) food examples for each group.
8. In your own words, describe some of the causes of the burden of disease due to poor nutrition in Australia.
9. Regarding the amounts of nutrients required on an average daily basis for adequate physiological function and prevention of disease, what do the follow abbreviations mean? Give a description of each.
10. Describe the difference between macronutrients and micronutrients giving examples of each.
a) Exercise professionals are required to only provide basic healthy eating information consistent with nationally endorsed Australian Dietary and Eat for Health Program Guidelines. In your own words:
Give four (4) examples of providing nutrition advice that is inconsistent with these guidelines.
b) Give four (4) examples of providing nutrition advice that is consistent with these guidelines.
12. For the following scenarios, indicate whether you would answer the client’s question or whether you would refer them to an allied health professional.
Refer to allied health professional
A client wants to know how many meals they should aim to eat each day.
A female client is stressed about her body shape. Her BMI is 21.55 and she is stressed that she has only lost 1kg in the last 4 weeks.
A client tells you that they often experience abdominal bloating and stomach cramps after eating dinner.
When discussing food choices with a client, they ask whether their normal breakfast of yoghurt and fruit is suitable.
A client has recently been diagnosed with type II diabetes and has started following a diet from a magazine to help them lose weight and manage their condition.
a) What advice should an exercise professional provide to their client for all questions which fall outside their scope of practice?
b) For each of the following, name the allied health professional (AHP) would you refer your client to.
Fad or popular diets.
c) How should you go about referring your client to these AHPs?
a) Describe the role of the following Allied Health and Medical Professionals whom you would refer your clients to regarding dietary issues.
– Accredited Practising Dietitian (APD)
– Accredited Sports Dietitian (AccSD).
– General Practitioner (Doctor).
15. Describe how culture, religion and beliefs can impact food choices including its impact on the benefits of exercise.
16. Briefly explain the concept of metabolism and list at least three (3) factors affecting metabolism.
17. Discuss the differences between men and women who undertake more frequent self-weighing behaviors with regard to the relationship between fitness, health and body image.
a) A 29 year-old male client is exercising to increase his muscle mass. After reviewing his diet in line with Australian Dietary and Eat for Health Program Guidelines, you deduce that he is not eating enough protein. The client is of the Muslim faith.
What challenges may the client face in consuming natural sources of protein?
b) What recommendations would you provide this client?
19. Written Assessment: Cultural and Social Influences on Food Choices
In this activity, you are to research the effects of cultural and social influences on food choices as well as the roles of exercise professionals and allied health professionals in providing advice regarding:
Fad or popular diets.
Nutritional supplementation and sports foods.
Ergogenic aids. Assessment Outline
You are to write a paper which covers each area above.
More specifically, address the following:
Identify and discuss two (2) dietary trends that are occurring in Australia currently. What cultural and social influences are impacting people embracing the trend? How and why do you think society or the particular target market is embracing the trend?
Identify and discuss one (1) popular ‘fad’ or popular diet that is seen in generic / common newsagency ‘non-fitness related’ magazines. How is the diet being promoted (e.g., benefits)? Who do you think the diet is targeting (e.g., age, sex, etc.)? Does the diet have any scientific proof? How and why do you think the particular target market will ‘buy into’ the diet?
Highlight the pros and cons of nutritional supplementation and sports foods in general. How have cultural and social influences impacted people using supplements?
What are ergogenic aids? Discuss the effects of the cultural and social influences in people using ergogenic aids.
Discuss the roles of exercise professionals and allied health professionals in providing advice and referrals.
In the paper, you are required to:
Access information from at least 6 different reputable resources (e.g., you cannot choose three books). You can use other internet-based sources as long as they are reputable (Note: Wikipedia is NOT considered a reputable source for this assessment). Relevant sources include:
Clinical research studies.
Peer reviewed medical, allied health and/or complementary medicine journals.
Peer reviewed conference presentations.
Popular media (magazines, newsletters, books).
Other conferences and presentations.
Annual public health reports.
Existing epidemiological and socio-demographic data.
Epidemiological observation studies.
Paper presentation requirements:
Writing style is clear with logical flow and structure;
No spelling or grammatical errors.
Acknowledged all sources in text and in reference list.
All references listed and correctly formatted.
Meets presentation requirements (11 or 12 size font, 1.5 or double spacing, with page numbers).
We are a professional custom writing website. If you have searched a question and bumped into our website just know you are in the right place to get help in your coursework.
Yes. We have posted over our previous orders to display our experience. Since we have done this question before, we can also do it for you. To make sure we do it perfectly, please fill our Order Form. Filling the order form correctly will assist our team in referencing, specifications and future communication.
1. Click on the “Place order tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
2. Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER INFORMATION" section and click “PRICE CALCULATION” at the bottom to calculate your order price.
3. Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
4. Click “FINAL STEP” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
5. From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.
Need this assignment or any other paper?
Click here and claim 25% off
Discount code SAVE25